Team Note 8



I am closing in on nearly a week with the Samsung Note 8 and must say I am impressed. Of course, I am still under the new device spell, and things may change, but for now, this is a win. Since the Samsung Note 8 was released four months, plenty has been said about this device especially its insane specs.

Note 8 Specs

GHz Clock speed, 6.3-inch screen, 6 GB RAM, blah blah. Do not get me wrong specs are beautiful, but I like dig into how a device works in the real world for spec can be very deceiving on paper.

Still, the specs speak for themselves which is why the Note 8 and its brother the S8/8+ won so many awards in 2017.



Gushy stuff aside let's talk about the phone and the word that comes to mind is efficiency. In my time with the Note 8, I can easily say I have become more productive on the mobile side of things. I am blogging more, interacting more on social media (I hope in a clever way) among other things. All of this I owe to the S-Pen.

If you are not a Note user, you may feel that the S-Pen is a gimmick or something that one may use now and then. Honestly, I thought that myself. Especially being a Surface Pro user where my Surface Pen only makes cameo appearances. However, the Surface Pro is a 2 in 1 that packs a keyboard, and when I go to tablet mode, I rarely need the pen.

On the Note 8, it is an entirely different story not only is the S-Pen useful when comes to writing, highlighting, scribbling and drawing but I use it as a stylus, for editing photos, videos and quickly navigating through menus. My hands are massive and using the S-Pen as a stylus is a blessing.

If you are a Note user and have yet to implement the S-Pen into your workflow, I encourage you to do so. If you in the market for a new smartphone and concerned with "getting that work", give the Note 8 a try and don't forget S-Pen for the win.


Comments

Popular Posts