Deja Vu


Starting to settle into being back home in the states after my 40 day trip to Kuwait. Good times to say the least. I digress being away has its advantages and disadvantages. 

One of the disadvantages is missing out on pop culture. I wonder is that really a disadvantage? Lol. 

In this case, I am referring to the latest Avenger movie Infinity Wars. Being the resident comic book geek amongst my friends, they are all eager to hear my viewpoints on it. 

Although I have been home long enough to see Infinity Wars I am not excited about it. Don't get me wrong I know it is going to be good in that Marvel way but therein lies the problem. 

Marvel fatigue. I truly enjoyed Black Panther, and it will be the first movie since the Bourne trilogy that I will purchase on BluRay. 

However, I am getting tired of watching a promotional vehicle for the next Marvel release rather than a movie. I want to see a film that's contained within itself. When the final credits roll, that's it.  

Or when I decide to see a movie, it is not incumbent that I see another four or five movies to know who is who. 

Marvel or should I say Disney isn't alone in this madness its practically every movie. Sequels, prequels, remakes, reboots and everything in between. 

Maybe this is a byproduct of our pseudo/quasi we must know everything culture. Yet I remember the joy of seeing Equilibrium by accident. Those days may be gone but at least can I have a film that's a film and not some delayed binge watching event shove down my throat? Then again just like my Facebook post... 

I don't have to see the movie at all. Lol.



Comments

Popular Posts