Amazon Why?


This spat or petty quarrel between Google and Amazon that has led to Google pulling YouTube from Amazon Echo Show and Fire TV. The issue seems to be with Amazon who according to Google Amazon delivers a subpar YouTube experience.

Something that I'm quite sure Google was willing to overlook but Amazon the company that practically sells everything not carrying the Google Home, Google Audio, Google Chromecast and the recently released Google Home Mini is another thing entirely.


I get it Amazon must push their products which are in direct competition with Google's. Google Chromecast/Ultra vs. Amazon Fire TV/Stick. Gooogle Home/Mini vs. Amazon Echo/Dot.


However not to sell them does everyone a disservice especially we the consumer. Why Amazon doesn't sell these products perplexes me. I mean it's not like we cannot purchase them from another store. Wal-Mart, Target and even Google which I am sure they love.


Then Amazon takes it further by not allowing one to stream audiobooks by Audible via Google Home or Chromecast. As a Google Home owner, this is frustrating but not enough to make me purchase an Amazon Echo, not even a Dot unless I was to catch it at an incredible price and considering the Dot's price point that means free almost.

In the long run, this moves hurts Amazon especially Fire TV with Amazon Prime Video heading to Apple TV anyone that wants the benefits of Prime Video and YouTube will head there or the old standby Roku.

Speaking of Roku with YouTube exiting Fire TV I'm inclined to add their Streaming Stick+ to my collection which includes a Chromecast in the bedroom and Amazon Fire TV Stick in the family room with me alternating one of the two devices in my office. That was mostly to view YouTube vids and since that will soon no longer be an option on one of those devices I need new a replacement so why not Roku that why I'm not beholden to any one platform.


Will this spat between Amazon and Google, well Amazon being disagreeable when it comes to Google services continue or quickly come to past?


Comments

Popular Posts